Outcome – Medical Knowledge
- Observe or elicit the taking of a complete and accurate medical and biopsychosocial history.
- Observe or perform complete and appropriate physical examinations.
- Demonstrate increasing proficiency in case presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to write progress notes in a standard format with pertinent content.
- Recognize the appearance of varied clinical pathologies and formulate differential diagnoses.
Outcome – Patient Management
- Provide evidence-informed ideas in discussion of treatment protocols that are consistent with naturopathic principles.
- Observe and participate in the formulation of therapeutic interventions, and assess their effectiveness.
Outcome – Communication and Collaboration
- Demonstrate the ability to function as part of a patient care team.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish patient rapport.
- Recognize strategies for dealing with difficult encounters, increasing patient compliance, and encouraging return visits as appropriate.
- Demonstrate or observe the delivery of diagnostic findings and diagnoses, and provision of patient education around those findings.
- Observe the process of patient referrals and consultation with other healthcare providers as required.
Outcome – Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to independent learning.
- Demonstrate acceptance of critical feedback.
- Demonstrate integration of basic science and clinical knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to accept uncertainty.
- Demonstrate clinical curiosity.
Outcome – Ethics and Professionalism
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and integrity in patient and professional interactions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethical principles of medicine.
- Adhere to NUNM clinic and preceptor manual requirements of professional conduct and attire.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to patients with a variety of cultural, ethnic, and financial backgrounds.
Outcome – Practice Management and Business Skills
- Observe business strategies for the creation of a successful practice.