Effective Date: July 2, 2018
NUNM Department or Location:
School of Graduate Studies
- Teaching Assistant will assist with a variety of course preparation and assessment activities for MScN courses. TAs may assist with one or more classes as needed.
- TA will use outlined grading rubrics and assignment guidelines to grade student work, mainly electronic Moodle format, with faculty oversight.
- TA will enter grades into Excel spreadsheet, and/or on Moodle.
- TA may assist with the gathering of course materials including reference/research articles, recipes or activities as needed.
- TA may assist with lecture preparation and recipe refinement.
- TA may create grocery lists for courses and enter these into Excel spreadsheet.
Teaching assistants are required to have taken and passed the courses for which they are assisting. TAs are needed especially for the following courses:
- Detoxification and Cleanses
- Healing Foods I Practicum
- Healing Foods II, and Healing Foods II Practicum
- Farm to Table
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Applied Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Nutritional Supplements