Application to the Wise Woman Herbals Botanical Medicine Scholarship is restricted to students displaying an exemplary pursuit of botanical medicine study and practice. This scholarship is to encourage naturopathic students to strive for excellence in this area of the healing arts.
The following criteria have been established to qualify candidates and to determine the recipient of the Botanical Medicine Scholarship.
- The candidate is a third or fourth year student.
- The best candidate has enrolled in botanical electives, attended botanical guest lectures, herbal symposiums, and/or pursued clinical training in herbal medicine.
- The candidate intends to focus on botanical medicine in practice.
This scholarship will be awarded to one student for 2017–2018 academic year in the amount of $1,000.
Candidates will submit a 500-1000 word article on botanical medicine as part of the scholarship application process from one of the below topics.
- Essay: Why the candidate has chosen a focus in botanical medicine.
- Botanical Medicine Philosophy: Discuss current health trends, naturopathic or botanical history, the future of botanical medicine practice, and/or botanical medicine education.